Tackling Islamophobia through education
EAI aims to:
- educate organisations and individuals in education settings and spaces on the perils of Islamophobia
- provide counter-narratives to common misconceptions about Islam and Muslims in education settings and spaces
- eliminate discrimination against Muslims within educational institutions
- foster good relations between Muslims and non-Muslims within educational institutions
EAI envisages a society where:
- there is a major reduction in Islamophobia in all spheres of public life
- Individuals are equipped with the knowledge, skills and understanding to counter Islamophobic narratives where they arise.
- all individuals, irrespective of protected characteristics such as religion or belief, are able to live in harmony and mutual understanding
- Muslims are able to enjoy an equal footing in society alongside their non-Muslim counterparts.
At EAI, we’re passionate about:
- Research– our work is inspired by academic research and literature as well as tried and tested strategies
- Effective Pedagogy– our teaching and learning materials are inspired pedagogical approaches that are backed by research and tried and tested by teachers
- Authentic contexts– our teaching and learning resources provide children and young people with real-life contexts that they can apply to day-to-day situations.
We’re also passionate about transmitting the following values and competencies:
- Media literacy
By transmitting these values, we hope to:
- nurture our children and young people to become ethical citizens
- support adults to become confident and informed when addressing Islamophobia.
Get in Touch
Find out more about how you can get involved
Download exclusive free resources for your school.