Educate Against Islamophobia Launch Statement
Educate Against Islamophobia (EAI) is a U.K. wide not-for-profit organisation committed to combating Islamophobia through educational means.
At EAI, our work is centred around four key aims:
- To educate organisations and individuals in education settings and spaces on the perils of Islamophobia
- To provide counter-narratives to common misconceptions about Islam and Muslims in education settings and spaces
- To eliminate discrimination against Muslims within educational institutions
- To foster good relations between Muslim and non-Muslims within educational institutions.
Now, more than ever, EAI’s work is of paramount importance. This is because racism and Islamophobia is a growing issue for societies across the globe. Here in the United Kingdom, the British public is almost three times more likely to hold prejudiced views of Islam than they are of other religions. Such views can have a detrimental impact on the Muslim community in Britain. This is evident in the fact that 45% of religious hate crimes recorded by the police in the year 2020-2021 in England and Wales were against Muslims.
Our resources are rooted in literature and research and have been developed with four key audiences in mind:
- The Early Years
- Primary school children
- Secondary school children
- Teaching and non-teaching staff in pre-school and school settings.
All of our resources are available to download for FREE on the Educate Against Islamophobia website: www.eai.org.uk
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to us using the following email address: email@example.com
By following us on social media, you can keep up to date with our latest work and gain an insight into how you can play your part in the fight against racism. You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. Search for us using the following handle: @eai_uk
#EAI #EducateAgainst Islamophobia #Anti-Racism #Anti-Islamophobia